Working with Melbourne Piano School
Melbourne Piano School operates as a team of piano teachers across Melbourne who offer piano lessons to students of all ages and abilities. We have diverse skills and musical interests and share in common our passion for piano, excellent interpersonal skills, and a desire to bring out the best in our students. To apply to work with us you must have a suitable studio space with an acoustic piano or high quality digital piano.
At Melbourne Piano School you have the opportunity to share your passion for music education in a supportive, independent, and flexible work arrangement. Our teachers are offered a high degree of independence to teach students according to their own style and methods. Our aim is to support creating an environment where teachers thrive in sharing their own unique gifts with their students.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive rates
- Flexibility to choose your own teaching methods and educational resources
- Flexibility to choose your own working hours and the number of students you take on
- Administrative and ongoing professional support
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
WHAT IS REQUIRED
- Achieved Grade 8 AMEB exam (or equivalent) or higher in piano
- Minimum of 2 years piano teaching experience
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Passion for piano and music education
- Current Working with Children check
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- valid ABN
ABOUT OUT STUDENTS
Melbourne Piano School students are of all ages and all backgrounds. Our client base is aproximately 50% adults and 50% children. The majority of students are at the beginner or intermediate levels, while a smaller portion are advanced students.
You would be providing services to Melbourne Piano School as an independent contractor. You work independently at your own home studio and report to the Director. Regular communication with our admin team is required. Support and supervision is available as needed.
- Prepare and deliver high quality music lessons to your students
- Keep accurate records of lessons taught, cancelled, or rescheduled via our online booking system
- Maintain student progress notes
- Maintain warm and positive client relationships
- Serve as a contact point in cases where students need to reschedule or cancel a lesson which has already been booked by the MPS admin team, and for any casual bookings with your students
- Familiarise yourself with MPS policies and remind students of the studio policy when needed
- Respond to correspondence from the MPS admin team within 1 business day
- Attend student recitals to support your students
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the application form in full below. Applications will be reviewed and an interview will be offered to short-listed candidates.